Cloud Architecture Components
Cloud Architecture Components
Whether you manage a small-scale business or a large organization, cloud architecture holds great promises for you. You can use it for effective management, smooth collaboration, and safe storage of your important data.
But before you shift to the cloud, it’s important to understand the various cloud architecture components. They will improve your understanding of what cloud architecture is all about and whether your business needs it.
Components of Cloud Architecture
An effective cloud architecture is made up of smaller components. These include cloud storage, infrastructure, runtime, service, application, management system, security, and connectivity.
Together, these components help the cloud architecture function smoothly. Let’s look more closely at these cloud architecture components.
1. Frontend and Backend Infrastructure
The first component of any cloud architecture is the infrastructure. This includes the frontend as well as the backend infrastructure. So, what’s the difference between the two?
Frontend infrastructure is the infrastructure on the client’s side. It enables them to interact with the cloud via software applications.
Backend infrastructure is the cloud providers’ physical machines. This includes software and hardware components like server machines, storage and network devices, virtualization software, and more.
2. Cloud Storage
The next cloud architecture component is storage. It helps store and maintain data over the internet. The storage capacity varies, depending on the service you’ve opted for.
The benefit of cloud storage is that the data is backed up in real-time. Plus, it is accessible to multiple users simultaneously. Some popular examples of storage services are:
- Amazon Cloud Drive
- Google Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Storage
- Microsoft Azure Storage
3. Cloud Runtime
Cloud runtime is where the cloud services run. In simple words, it’s a cloud operating system. It helps you use your infrastructure and run your applications on the cloud.
4. Cloud Service
The cloud service handles each and every task that runs on the cloud. It provides utility in the cloud architecture. There are three types of cloud services:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – Also known as a cloud application service, this cloud service runs directly through a web browser. So, users don’t have to download or install any other application.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – This service is similar to SaaS, but it offers users a platform for application development and management.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – This service offers on-demand cloud infrastructure to organizations. It helps manage application data, runtime environments, and middleware.
The application is an important component of cloud architecture. It can be either software or an app you can run on your cloud setup. What’s more, the application can keep evolving to meet your digital business needs.
6. Management System
A management system is responsible for the smooth functioning of the cloud environment. It looks after components like application, service, storage, infrastructure, and security matters in the backend. It also establishes coordination between the frontend and the backend cloud architecture.
Since the cloud is vulnerable to cyberattacks, security is an important component of any cloud architecture. It ensures that all your data, including runtimes and applications, are secure with a firewall to prevent data loss.
Cloud security also offers ease of debugging in case of issues. Plus, it restricts unauthorized use of data.
Various cloud components need to be in touch with each other for a perfectly functioning cloud architecture. That’s when connectivity comes into the picture.
Here, the internet acts as a bridge between the frontend and backend processes. It also ensures that the users and cloud server are in sync.
Cloud Architecture Components – The Wrap Up
Cloud architecture can sound a bit complex, especially if you’re just getting started on it. That’s why it’s important to understand the various components of cloud architecture, from infrastructure to security.
Doing so will help you better understand what you’re getting into. Plus, you’ll be able to ensure that your cloud-based business is running smoothly. When choosing your cloud architecture solution, don’t hesitate to ask the provider as many questions as you have. It will save you from headaches later.
Cloud Architecture Components – Additional Resources
- Amazon Web Services – Develop, deploy, run, and scale virtually any application on the world’s most reliable, secure, and capable cloud.
- Microsoft Azure – Build innovative new apps with the latest Azure technologies.
- Google Cloud – Build apps faster, make smarter business decisions, and connect people anywhere.
- IBM Cloud – Hybrid. Open. Resilient. Your platform and partner for digital transformation.
- Oracle Cloud – The next-generation cloud designed to run any application, faster and more securely, for less.